5.17.2011

Turkish Coffee

DIY bleach bottom pants - Pour La Victoire pumps

Tie-dye has been all over the place lately and although I've always been intrigued, I've never given it a change (until now). Over the weekend I decided to experiment with one of many pairs of black pants. These jeans were too long, so I cut at the ankle and dipped them in bleach. The pattern reminds me of the bottom of Turkish-brewed coffee; when I was younger my grandmother and her friends would drink the coffee then afterward a pattern would be left from the fine powder. They would look at the shapes and read the fortunes of one another. It was very mysterious and intriguing.



14 comments:

  1. LOOOOOOOOVE. Way to SPUNK up those jeans - what a great DIY idea.

    And I love the name of your blog - my dog's name is Daisy! WOOHOO.

    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that jeans! I have to say the contrast and combination of color is something amazing1

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg that looks so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definite like. I love the combination with the shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the shoes are gorgeous, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah. I'm still lovin' the DIY. It evokes so many images of FIRE. Fabbbulous.

    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. those pants are incredible, i love what you did with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute!
    Neat post... wanna follow each other!

    ReplyDelete